Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lunch Ladies' Road Trip





Mom, Grace, Miki and I had the opportunity last weekend to make the trek to Port Townsend to join Linda (lucky attendee!) for ArtFest vendor night! After a lovely visit to Grace’s home to view her fabulous Watercolors, we stopped at Wynwood Gallery – Port Townsend’s ultimate playground for mixed media and fiber artists. Wynwood’s owner, Lois, offers an impressive array of shelves, walls, trays and cabinets, all filled to overflowing with unique beads and charms, designer yarns and wool roving, and my personal favorite -sumptuous, embroidered and beaded trimmings.

After priming our artistic senses with our time at Wynwood, we fueled up at Shanghai restaurant, then headed on over to ArtFest vendor night at Fort Worden. Without having any photos, the flurry of activity at vendor night is a bit difficult to describe. ArtFest boasts an incredible line-up of instructors each year, many of who participate in this event. Seeing these much-admired artists (such as Nina Bagley, Michael deMeng, Keith LoBue, Linda and Opie O’Brien, Laurie Mika) and their work in an “up close and personal” atmosphere is an inspiring experience. The “high energy level” in the Pavillion exuding from hundreds of students / admirers during the height of this creative retreat is both exhilarating and indescribable. Fun times were definitely had by all!

3 comments:

Lyneen said...

I am so sad to have missed such a wonderful time... I so glad you had a great time!!!!

Beth Niquette said...

Ooooh, Catherine! To see these photos makes me homesick for the Puget Sound and its unique culture and feel. (grin) Thank you for sharing, dear one.

Linda said...

What a great store! Thanks for joining me...you all made the evening so special for me!