After scanning in some family Tintypes and Ambrotypes, I decided these folks could use a digital "pick-me-up!" I used the Tintypes shown, an altered frame from an Ambrotype, a 1792 farm sale document, and clip art (made into brushes in Photoshop Elements).
Unfortunately, there were no identifying names on these pictures; they are from the McEwen/Stewart and Irons/McCrory branches of the family. The top tintype is quite large (8 in.), and the picture appears to have been taken in a barn. If you look closely, you can see the earlier farm sale document in the background.
(08/11/09: added links to new blog for downloading above images)