Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pileated Gryphon


Ever wonder what to do with a blurry, strangely-lit, otherwise unusable image of a juvenile pileated woodpecker? Turn him into a stately gryphon, of course!
Although very disappointed with the quality of the original photo, I had fun transforming him into a mythical creature by giving him his own Gothic window ledge from which to survey his kingdom. I believe is personality is well-suited for castle life, don't you?
(The arch photo was taken looking out of the entranceway of Hatley Castle, Victoria, B.C. I deleted the interior scene of Royal Roads Univesity to isolate the frame, played with the contrast and colors of the stone, then layered the frame and woodpecker images on top of 3 color/texture layers.)

No comments: