Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Saturday, October 4, 2008

Butterfly Quilt


Earlier this week, I was able to snap a picture of one of my mother’s latest creations. Isn’t it beautiful? She used all silks in this piece and constructed the butterfly separately so it dramatically stands away from the background. I can hardly wait until it flies back home after the upcoming quilt show!

2 comments:

Lyneen said...

I didn't get to see this in person... WOW! I envy those with such talent!!! This is BeAUtIFuL!

Anonymous said...

The colors in the butterfly are so brilliant they look like a stained glass window. This is stunning!