Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Egg Dyeing with Silk

Many thanks to our friend, Miki, who is such a "Good Egg!" (Sorry, Miki - couldn't resist.)




At our Art Party last weekend, she brought us each an egg that she had dyed with a technique using recycled silk neckties, water and vinegar. I had not heard of this technique before, and oh my - what gorgeous eggs she made! I made a nest out of my fabric - just look how the egg picked up the swirls of color from the silk. Beautiful!

3 comments:

Miki said...

Wasn't it fun to unwrap the egg and discover the magic?! I just might never color my Easter eggs using dye again. And what a great way to recycle! I was happy to be able to share something that was new to the rest of you. Doesn't happen often!

Lululiz said...

Thank you for the link, I just watched the video, and its absolutely fascinating. I am so going to give this a go.

Beth Niquette said...

I have never heard of this before! What a cool way to decorate Easter eggs!!!