Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Monday, March 1, 2010

Kitsap Quilters' Show


Mom and I recently had the opportunity to attend the Kitsap Quilters' show at our local fairgrounds. It was a wonderful afternoon, filled with inspiration. Here are some portions of a few of the quilts that caught my eye. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of any of these artists - I was having so much fun gawking and taking pictures that I forgot to write down any of the artists' information! As you can see, they are a talented group of quilters:



A lovely, bright combination of patchwork and applied flowers:




Very sweet oragami-style flowers:




Bright swirls and stars:




Oh my - just look at all of these tiny points! Wonderfully accented by the
black and white inner border:




And, you've just gotta' love the gal who loves Elvis enough
to have crafted this tribute:




Gorgeous Hawaiian-style applique' in shades of the sea:




Stunning Blue Jays in Native Alaskan-style applique



Very classy blended hexagons:



Traditional patchwork designs in contemporary batiks:



Amazing thread-painted quilt
(yes, those feathers are made of thousands of yards of thread!):




Very imaginative use of fibers in this lovely seascape mini-quilt:





And my personal favorite:
Handpainted seashells in natural shades in the style of Velda Newman.
Just look at the exquisite quilting on this piece!
Fancy threads, handpainting and just a hint of sparkle to complete the under-sea fantasy.





A close-up of the starfish that made my heart go "pitty-pat..."


2 comments:

Linda said...

These are gorgeous quilts...it must have been a wonderful afternoon!

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, my word! These are just gorgeous. We're working on getting a booking to perform up your way. I'll let you know when and where, dear friend.

I also wanted to thank you for your precious kind words, thoughts and prayers after the death of our dear little kitty. You have no idea how much what you wrote meant to me. ((hugs))

Thank you for being my prayer partner. You are VERY special.

Be sure to drop by to pick up a little Thank You, which you can find on my art blog. Blessings to you, sweet Friend.