Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Thursday, October 22, 2009

Purple Palette



Although the felted piece was created before seeing these beautiful cabbage bouquets at Pike Place Market in Seattle, it's remarkable to me how similar the colors are.

My mother whipped up this felted piece using bits of cotton batik, wool roving, velvet, silk, dyed ribbon and various fibers. She first machine needle-felted the fabric pieces onto a felt base, then machine stitched over all of the fabrics to permanently tack them down. Lastly, various fibers were added using decorative threads.

4 comments:

FILIGREE MOON said...

So beautiful! ~ Angela

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, ohhhhh....so exquisite. These just fill my eyes...

Beth said...

And I love it!!!!! I use my new notebook everyday for my daily to-dos...thank you both so much!!!

Wildflowerhouse said...

THis is gorgeous. May I ask what machine your mother has? Brand? I am looking but not finding much in answers. Sharon