Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Friday, October 30, 2009

Shades of Autumn

Although a departure from the maples' brilliant red and orange Autumn hues, these capital pear leaves are just as intriguing. I love this time of year, never tiring of the childhood pastime of collecting leaves.

We are so fortunate now to have access to technology that enables us to digitally preserve these treasures of nature. These beauties will be finding their way into a fabric collage soon...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Isn't the color amazing? It's almost as if you painted them!

Beth Niquette said...

How beautiful--a little piece of God's creative handiwork. Thank you so much for sharing these...

The Rustic Victorian said...

Oh, they are called Capitol Pears!! KEwl,I am surrounded by Bradford Pear trees,,well thats what they call them,,, and not all have this leaf color.,...great to know,,I have admired them again and again. I wonder if I can find some pretty ones now,,
Capitol!!!
Thanks!
Marcie