Thanks for visiting my blog! MudBay Musings chronicles creative journeys, with inspiration and humor I find along the way... including my mother's and my artwork, stories, local bird life and garden favorites...
all of which I hope will bring a smile to your heart.



Friday, October 9, 2009

"Violet"




Dante Gabriel Rossetti's painting, Fair Rosamund (1861), provides a beautiful focal point for a sampler collage using shades of lavender and purple.

I haven't decided whether or not to use all of the inspiration fabrics shown here; things have a way of evolving, and the initially chosen fabrics and embellishments often don't fit the final piece. So far, I've embellished her necklaces with seed beads and have given her a queenly crown. I'm off to search through the cabinets again... will keep you posted on her progress!

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

What a good eye you have for design and color. Just gorgeous, my friend!